Blaze rips through top Coventry city centre restaurant

Blaze rips through top Coventry city centre restaurant
Fire crews were called to Bayley Lane Kitchen shortly before 8am this morning A fire has ripped through a top city restaurant after an early morning blaze. Fire crews were called to Bayley Lane Kitchen and Cocktails shortly before 8am this morning.   Crews arrived at the scene in just two minutes and found the restaurant to be well alight. At the height of the blaze, 25 firefight...
More

Pan fire in kitchen causes blaze that destroyed Cambridge hotel – six treated for smoke inhalation and one other taken to hospital

Pan fire in kitchen causes blaze that destroyed Cambridge hotel – six treated for smoke inhalation and one other taken to hospital
Fire crews were called to reports of smoke coming from a hotel in Milton Road, Kings Hedges, Cambridge. A fire service spokesman said: “The fire service was called by passing paramedics who had seen smoke coming from the building and stopped to investigate and discovered a fire in the cooking area. “When the first fire crews arrived they were met with large amounts of smoke coming from the b...
More

Government Fire Statistics 2015 – 2016

Government Fire Statistics 2015 – 2016
Here  you can review the latest incidents about responses the fire departments throughout the UK have to manage in regards to safety Issues, The link directly to the PDF Document is here as released by the British Government. More information can be found by clicking on this link http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Crime-Justice/PubFires Building fires' are primary fires which take ...
More

Holbrook House kitchen fire

Holbrook House kitchen fire
A HOTEL near Wincanton that suffered a devastating fire which tore through its kitchen in the dead of night could welcome its first guests by the end of the month. Owner of Holbrook House John McGinley revealed work was on-going but he was hopeful the hotel would be open for business in a couple of weeks. He said: “Everything is coming along fine. We are still waiting on a final decision fro...
More

Chip Shop Fire In Brighton

Chip Shop Fire In Brighton
The owner of this chip shop in Brighton was fined £21,000 for breaching six fire regulations. There was only one smoke alarm (which didn’t work) and no emergency lighting. A fire risk assessment was not carried out, and the staff did not have any fire safety training. An obvious danger is the oil catching fire in the fryers. Once oil gets to just under 400 degrees C, it reaches its fire poi...
More