Chip Shop Fire In Brighton

duct cleaning safety
The owner of this chip shop in Brighton was fined £21,000 for breaching six fire regulations. There was only one smoke alarm (which didn’t work) and no emergency lighting. A fire risk assessment was not carried out, and the staff did not have any fire safety training. An obvious danger is the oil catching fire in the fryers. Once oil gets to just under 400 degrees C, it reaches its fire point. Most modern fryers are thermostatically controlled, which significantly reduces this risk. Ex...
More