Pan fire in kitchen causes blaze that destroyed Cambridge hotel – six treated for smoke inhalation and one other taken to hospital

Fire crews were called to reports of smoke coming from a hotel in Milton Road, Kings Hedges, Cambridge. A fire service spokesman said: “The fire service was called by passing paramedics who had seen smoke coming from the building and stopped to investigate and discovered a fire in the cooking area. “When the first fire crews arrived they were met with large amounts of smoke coming from the building and a fire was well developed in the roof space.” A full fire investigation has been carr...
More

Chip Shop Fire In Brighton

duct cleaning safety
The owner of this chip shop in Brighton was fined £21,000 for breaching six fire regulations. There was only one smoke alarm (which didn’t work) and no emergency lighting. A fire risk assessment was not carried out, and the staff did not have any fire safety training. An obvious danger is the oil catching fire in the fryers. Once oil gets to just under 400 degrees C, it reaches its fire point. Most modern fryers are thermostatically controlled, which significantly reduces this risk. Ex...
More